Hello! My name is Svetlana Potton. As the sole proprietor of my interpreting company, Russian Translating Services, I have provided interpreting services and translations while maintaining an excellent reputation to a vast number of clients.
Here are a few of these agencies and organizations I have had an experience working with:
- Federal and State Government agencies, such as:
- California Senate
- Moscow City Duma of the Russian Federation
- Department of Community and Economic Development, Division of International Trade and Market Development, state of Alaska
- State Duma of the Russian Federation
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency (NOAA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and its Russian counterpart Russian Federation's Ministry of Extraordinary Situations (EMERCOM).
- United States Fish and Wildlife Services (US FWS) in relations with Pacific Research Institute of Fisheries and Oceanography (TINRO)
- US National Park Services (NPS) and their multiple partners from the Russian Far East.
These interactions included work not only in Alaska (Anchorage, Kodiak, Juneau, Fairbanks), Hawaii (Honolulu), USA, but also numerous trips to Russia - Khabarovsk, Vladivostok, Uzno-Sakhalinsk on the Sakhalin Island, Anadyr on the Chukotka Peninsula, Elizovo and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskii on the Kamchatka Peninsula. One of the trips was a field experience to Kamchatka with American scientists working on a NASA (National Aeronautical & Space Administration) grant.We had an opportunity to visit Valley of the Geysers, hike Volcanoes and take geological and biological samples from the hot springs.
- Military agencies including:
- Interpreting during the Unit Deployment Exchange. Visit of the Kazakhstan Peacekeeping Unit (KazBrig) delegation to the National Guard Airbase in Tucson, Arizona.
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, California. In relation to the Military International HIV Training Program (MIHTP) with participating Military MD’s from Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Ukraine, and Tajikistan.
- Multiple interpreting projects during the exchange of delegations between the United States Coast Guard (Alaska Region, D-17) and the North-Eastern Border Guard Directorate Coast Guard of the FSS of the Russian Federation (Kamchatka Region) regarding safety and fisheries law enforcement issues in the Bering Sea. Meetings took places in Alaska (Juneau, Kodiak, Anchorage) and Kamchatka (Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskii, Elizovo).
- Multiple interpreting projects during the trilateral meetings and military exercise between the delegations of the United States Air Force, Alaskan Command, the Federal Aviation-Space Search and Rescue Directorate, Ministry of Defense, Russian Federation, and the 1st Canadian Air Division, Canadian Forces on cooperation in Search and Rescue in the Arctic, and participation in the SAREX (joint Search and Rescue Exercise). Meetings took places in Alaska (Anchorage, Fairbanks) and Canada (Victoria, BC)
- Interpreting for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and it’s Russian counterpart Emercom during their meetings in Anchorage, Alaska, Khabarovsk, Vladivostok, Russia. Participation in the Earthquake Exercise on Sakhalin Island, Russia.
- (You can place your advertising banner or a line on our site for very reasonable price: from $0.50/day. Please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com)
- As a registered nurse and interpreter I accompanied a man injured at sea after his surgeries and treatment in the US back to his hometown in Ukraine. ANP Shipping, the maritime agency that took care of the sailor's needs and the Providence hospital's personnel where patient was treated, chose me for that role because of my experience as a medical professional and a linguist. Due to my dual citizenship, Russian and American, I did not need a visa for that trip. I accompanied my client all the way from Anchorage to Odessa with landings in Seattle, Amsterdam and Budapest.
- For Alaska Maritime Agency I interpreted during the unloading process from the Russian oil tanker at the port of Anchorage. I also interpreted for their Russian clients who were injured at sea and received treatment in the Alaskan hospitals.
- As a licensed medical professional (Registered Nurse) I have provided my translating services for patients in different health settings.
- Providence Hospital, Anchorage Alaska
- Alaska Regional (Columbia) Hospital, Alaska Native Hospital
- Quin’s Hospital, Honolulu Hawaii
- UCSD Medical center, San Diego, California
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital, San Diego, California, and different private practices/clinics
My forte is verbal interpretation - the area of expertise: presenting consecutive or simultaneous interpreting. I have provided both styles of interpreting services for a wide range of conferences, workshops, and while accompanying official groups and delegations.
Telephone: (1) 619-8888-191